Tuesday, March 11, 2008

What's for dinner??

Do you ever have trouble deciding what to make for dinner?
I tried something new last night and it turned out great!!!
It takes a little time but it is well worth the effort.Artichoke Chicken
12 Chicken Breast halves(skinned and boned)
2 large cloves garlic, minced
1 lb. Fresh mushrooms
9 oz. can Artichoke hearts ( not the marinated variety)
1/2 cup Olive oil
1/2 cup Butter
Flour
Salt and Pepper
1/2 cup Orange juice
Pasta or rice as a side dish

Cut the chicken in bite-sized pieces and coat with flour, salt and pepper. Melt butter in a skillet and add oil and garlic. add coated chicken pieces a few at a time and fry until golden brown. Place the chicken in a roasting pan. Saute whole mushrooms in the same skillet and layer them over the chicken. Cut artichokes in bite sized pieces and layer them over the mushrooms. Pour orange juice over all. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes. Serve with buttered pasta or rice on the side.

3 comments:

JS said...

I made it last night too... and it was amazing!

Be A Saint said...

That looks SOOO good. I think I will definitely try it!!

Vicki's Vicissitudes said...

I would agree with everyone..>I read this to Gregg and I bet it will be made soon.::::yum!