Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Last week we took a trip to Branson, Missouri.
It was fun to get away for awhile and rest and relax
in the Ozark mountains!!
Our first stop was Silver Dollar City!!


There is an amazing underground cave included in the amusement park.
We walked down into the cave thousands of feet as you can see from this picture
of us looking up at the hole of last remaining sunlight!!!!
AHHHHH!

This "room"in the cave was huge!!!
It is bigger than a football field and taller
than a 20 story building!!!
We also saw waterfalls and stalactites.
But we missed out on seeing any bats!!!



Our favorite ride was the flooded mine because...


...we could shoot targets and try to get the highest score.
I creamed Wayne once but he says that was because his gun was broken!!!
(sspphhhh!!!)
Don't we just sound like kids at heart!!!

4 comments:

JS said...

So fun. It doesn't look familiar. I must be getting old to be loosing my memory. I remember loving that place though!

Melinda said...

I'm glad you had so much fun. When we were there Silver Dollar City was closed except for one day, the day it was supposed to rain all day. So we decided to skip it. Turns out it was sunny and warm. Oh well, next time. And to Wayne...good excuse!

Vicki's Vicissitudes said...

Loved all the photos from Branson. Girl you look 40. Don't worry, I am right behind you! :)

tiff said...

I think we're going to have to go to Branson someday. That hole is just the kind of thing my boys would LOVE.