Thursday, July 19, 2012

Arise and Shine Forth...



 Last night our youth performed their pageant that they
have been working on for months. They did such an awesome job!!!
The music was fabulous, the dancing was fabulous, the story of the
restoration of the church and the early saints in Louisiana was also fabulous.
A sister in our stake, Sister Rachel Ross, wrote the story and music after 
studying the history of the church in our area.

While the kids were practicing, I was asked to help with the scenery,
my favorite kind of helping!!! I took these pictures right after I was done
with the painting. The rest of the artists came after and added trees and more sky and completed the look.

I thought they even looked better last night on the stage with the
lights and the actors!!!




I had so much fun painting these temples!!!
I am so glad they asked me to help and be included
in such an awesome project!!!

3 comments:

Melinda said...

The pageant was so great. I especially loved the scenery. The temples looked so real and true to life! Thanks for sharing your talents and helping make this experience so wonderful!

Susan said...

It was just awesome....the scenery was pretty, the kids were so talented and sincere and the spirit was strong. Wonderful!

Be A Saint said...

I am so glad you got a picture of your temples! They added so much to the pageant. Thanks for all your work and care.