Friday, March 27, 2009

Finished!!!!!!


This is my latest creation!!

My friend, Julie Matheson asked if I would
make her a quilt out of her childhood
clothes which her mother had saved for her!!
I was really excited because the fabrics were
so pretty. I hated cutting them up into tiny
squares but the finished project was well worth it.

:)I didn't realize that this picture was sideways
until after I blogged it!! :)



Eventhough I would have loved to be able to
machine quilt it for her, we decided to go with the professional
(who actually owns a quilting machine)
Here is the close up of the flowery/leafy design
that Julie choose.

8 comments:

Sidney said...

RaeAnn, I love the quilt!!! It will be so fun for Julie!

JS said...

I love it. That is such a good idea! How fun! GOod job!

Jen said...

It looks awesome, I know Julie will cherish it forever. Such a goodway to preserve the clothes.

Katie M. said...

What a CUTE idea!

Carolina girl said...

Wow! It turned out so beautiful! What a treasure!

Andrea said...

It's beautiful!! I love it!! What a great idea!!

Susan said...

It's beautiful!!

SweetmamaK said...

Does Julie live in Lake Charles too???? What a beautiful quilt, your talents never cease to amaze me!