Sunday, April 20, 2008

Watermelons Anyone??!??

While we were in Jennings today going to church, we took one of the members home and passed this unique house!!! I couldn't resist taking a picture of it. It reminded me of a house in Ponca City, Oklahoma where we lived for 9 years. That family decided to hang all of their treasures on the outside of their house until there was not any room left to hang anything else. (Maybe that saved on having to paint!!) But compared to the Ponca City house this one looks good enough to eat!!!The only thing I would add to this fruity version of the witches house in Hansel and Gretel is a huge azalea bush planted on the side. Too bad they are not in bloom any longer. This is our azalea bush on the side of our house. It was beautiful while it lasted!!!

2 comments:

JS said...

I can't believe that house! That is crazy. Wow! I like how you brought me back to the memories of that crazy house in Ponca. I totally remember that. I remember when we moved away, we drove by that house and said goodbye to it.... like it was a friend we were going to miss, but then we got to Austin, and I forgot all about it. :)

Ahh... freaky people are so fun!

Carolina girl said...

Wow...very interesting house! I guess they LOVE watermelon!